Support Baker IDI
About Baker IDI
Every 12 minutes, an Australian dies from cardiovascular disease. Heart disease does not discriminate – striking young and old, men and women. Watch this video to find out more.
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute works to save lives and protect the health of all Australians from heart disease, stroke and diabetes.
As a charity, Baker IDI relies on donations to continue its research and clinical care to treat, manage and prevent these life-threatening diseases. Please give today or visit www.bakeridi.edu.au to find out more.
Become a Healthy Heart Champion and race for FREE!
We’re recruiting 20 motivated tri-participants to become Healthy Heart Champions and compete on behalf of Baker IDI.
All Healthy Heart Champions gain entry FREE of charge.
To be eligible, you must commit to fundraising $500 for Baker IDI and be ready to rally your friends and family behind this important cause.
Healthy Heart Champions will be offered this exclusive Baker IDI package:
- Recognised with a Healthy Heart Champion event t-shirt.
- Provided a special red wrist band in support of heart health.
- $20 Gift Voucher to get your Aussie Farmer’s fresh fruit and vegetable box delivered straight to your door.
- Invitation to an exclusive pre-race pep talk by Tour de France Commentator Matt Keenan and Olympic Awesome Foursome Member, Mike McKay.
- Invited to join Baker IDI post race for refreshments, wind down and to collect your Baker IDI show bag.
For more information or to sign up email Dejana.Bosevski@bakeridi.edu.au or call (03) 8532 1100
Have you lost a loved one from a heart attack?
Why not participate in memory of a loved one and become a Healthy Heart Champion today!
How your donation to Baker IDI helps
Your gift will help Baker IDI:
- Save the 3.4 million Australians living with heart disease and protect you and your loved ones from diabetes, the world’s greatest emerging health problem.
- Fund over 500 scientists to research and discover new ways to treat, prevent and cure heart disease, diabetes and stroke.
- Provide over 1,500 free heart health checks to “high risk” members of the community.
- Purchase essential equipment to test and trial new treatments for these life-threatening conditions.
- Deliver large-scale population health studies and intervention programs across Australia.
- Advocate on behalf of Australians living and at risk of heart disease and diabetes to achieve important changes to government policy, health care and corporate wellbeing programs.
Heart disease kills one Australian every 12 minutes
Australian women are four times more likely to die of heart disease than breast cancer
Almost 300 Australian’s aged over 25, develop diabetes every day
Diabetes is the one of the top 5 causes of irreversible blindness in Australian Adults
For many people, a heart attack is the first sign of heart disease